Monday 7 November 2011

Apple Crumble (Polvorón) Muffins


I love apples–the crunching sound when you bite into it and how it is sweet and sour at the same time. And I am addicted to muffins (my ballooning weight can attest to that). So in order to satisfy my sweet tooth and (try) to eat healthy food, I made my own muffins from scratch instead.




This recipe was based on kayotic kitchen's recipe with slight alterations–using vegetable oil instead of butter, half the recommended sugar, unsweetened apple sauce and adding a cup of rolled oats. The 'crumble' had the taste and consistency of a polvorón which I loved.




It was still packed with flavour plus I can eat more since it has less sugar and no butter! But, since I did not add fresh apples, it was missing some texture. Added some coconut bits on top of it helped a little in the texture department. The next time I make this, I will add freshly minced apples and pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment